There are various methods for reducing introperative bleeding (reducing of bleeding during the operation) and postoperative edema in Rhinoplasty.
JW Plastic Surgery Center’s rhinoplasty specialist Dr. Seung Jong Lee had speech along the above titles from APS 2017 (Aesthetic Plastic Surgery), COEX, Seoul, South Korea. This international meeting were hosted by “The Korean Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery” & “The Korean Association of Plastic Surgeons”
Dr. Seung Jong Lee’s Speech was about “Various Methods for Reducing Intraoperative Bleeding and Postoperative Edema in Rhinoplasty” to all the plastic surgery specialists from Korea and overseas
-> It affect the final rhinoplasty result and can limit the expected improvement
-> It distress to patients which could lead to prolonged postoperative recovery and disruption of the patient’s social life
– to evaluate various methods to reduce intraoperative bleeding and postoperative edema in rhinoplasty
– to suggest effective interventions for plastic surgeons.
How to reduce the bleeding before and after surgery?
1. Intraoperative hypotension is very important to reduce the bleeding during the surgery
2. Intraoperative cooling – it will decreas intraoperative bleeding & postoperative edema
3. Uses of tranexamic acid
4. Lidocaine with epinephrine
5. Use of Corticosteroids
6. Use of Arnina montana (There are pros and cons about this medication because some of’em were effective but some didn’t)
7. Postoperative cooling
8. Postoperative head elevation (It decreases postoperative edema)